Saturday, April 07, 2007

wet shoes

dancing in these shoes
running walking to get me to you
i aint afriad of the storm
or the hot sun or you stepping on them
just to be with you
i'd put these shoes on the line

i dun care if my feet get wet
hot dry itchy or sticky.
maybe my shoes will get worn out
ahh, my precious shoes
but not as valuable as u are
i'd get my feet wet for u.

the walk with you has been so beautiful
i'd be blind and a fool
to give u up for anyone or anything else
i love u, more and more
dun let the storms stop me!
if i could i'd kick them away!

forests or pavements
the wild weeds that might entagle
or the wide rivers that might drown
i'd go across them in my shoes
just to get to you
cuts and bruises arent going to stop me
i love you too much.

and in any case the forest beasts get to me
i hope ull pick me up
theres only so much a donky
in the jungle can do
apply some ointment (you know which one)
hold my hand
and i'll be strong enough
to press on with you

i love u!

No comments: