Wednesday, January 09, 2008

elizabeth

sixty miles an hour from orchad to admiralty
twenty times your name came to mind
with all my memories of yesterday's me
somehow i can't shake them away,
somehow i can't help but reminisce

ten tears fell one by one
and i only had six words to say to you
but you wouldn't hear them, you couldn't feel me
you left too suddenly, too soon
leaving me behind with whats left of us

thank you for loving me elizabeth
for always watching for me
whay did you stay so long with me
if you had left earlier, i wouldnt be feeling
the pain i'm going through now

two hours on the wheel
one ring on my right hand
the tears never dry
what am i to do darling?
you left so soon, i wasn't ready


*an old piece from the year before*
"but how prophetic, how i feel it so, even now, yes even now"

No comments: